Am I A Good Candidate For Obseity Surgery?
What tests are required?
Before starting treatment your doctor will conduct a thorough medical evaluation including:
- A complete history and physical examination noting down your height, weight and BMI
- Labs tests to evaluate liver and renal function, lipid profile, blood constituent levels and H pylori
- Radiology studies such as a chest X-ray and ultrasound of liver and gallbladder
- An EKG to evaluate your heart
- Gastrointestinal tests for specific conditions
- Physical and psychological tests to evaluate your fitness level, mental state and motivation.
Understanding Your Condition
Whether you have obesity or any other gastrointestinal condition, your doctor will explain your situation in detail and discuss various treatment options. For information on your condition click on the links below:
Am I at Risk For Cancer?
In general, the risk of getting esophageal or gastrointestinal cancer increases with:
- Being a male over 55
- Alcohol consumption
- Conditions such as reflux disease, achalasia, H pylori infection and Crohn’s disease
- Excessive consumption of fatty and preserved foods
- Exposure to certain chemicals
- Certain genetic conditions
- Esophageal Cancer
- Stomach Cancer
- Intestinal Cancer
Schedule A Consultation
Advanced Surgicare provides three weight loss clinic locations to serve you in Kogarah, Campbelltown and Bella Vista which allows a short trip for anyone seeking bariatric surgery services in Penrith, Camden, Blacktown, Castle Hill, Baulkham Hills, Hurstville, Rockdale, Miranda, Caringbah, Harrington Park, and Narellan. To schedule a consultation with Dr. Kuzinkovas, please contact Advanced Surgicare Clinic by calling 1300 551 533.