Bariatric Surgery Hurstville
If you are looking for a top bariatric surgeon in Hurstville, look no further than Dr. V. Kuzinkovas of Advanced Surgicare. Dr. Kuzinkovas has been performing procedures since 2008 and has since provided thousands of patients with weight-loss surgery to help them achieve a healthier figure and improved self-confidence.
Am I A Candidate for Bariatric Surgery?
During the consultation with Dr. Kuzinkovas, Hurstville bariatric surgery patients will be evaluated for physical and psychological preparedness. The evaluation includes:
- Basic physical tests to evaluate fitness level
- Psychological tests to evaluate mental state and motivation
- Lab tests to check for proper liver and renal function, blood constituent levels, and lipid profile
- Chest X-rays
- Heart EKG
- Ultrasound of the liver and gallbladder
- BMI calculation
Due to the fact that bariatric procedures come with significant risk, patients are typically only considered if they are above a certain BMI and/or are unable to lose weight through proper diet and exercise. BMI (Body Mass Index) is a measurement used to determine if an individual is overweight based on height and weight.
What Weight Loss Procedures Do We Offer?
Bariatric surgery can be an extremely effective treatment for patients suffering from excess weight-related issues. Dr. Kuzinkovas and his team offer a number of bariatric surgery procedures to Hurstville patients. These procedures include:
- Gastric Bypass Surgery: A gastric bypass is generally seen as the most effective method of surgical weight loss. The procedure consists of decreasing the size of a patient’s stomach and bypassing a section of the intestines.
- Lap-Band Surgery (laparoscopic adjustable gastric band surgery): Lap-Band surgery is a popular bariatric procedure due to the fact that it is minimally invasive and reversible. An adjustable band is placed around the stomach which restricts the amount of food that can be consumed.
- Gastric Sleeve Surgery: During a sleeve gastrectomy, a portion of the stomach is removed to limit food intake. This procedure is non-reversible.
- Revision Weight Loss Surgery: If you have previously received a bariatric procedure and are unhappy with the results, Dr. Kuzinkovas can help you achieve the results you originally desired.
- StomaphyX Surgery: This new procedure is used as a lower risk, incision-free method of re-tightening a gastric bypass.
Following the procedure, a rigorous exercise program and a healthy diet will be required to help shed remaining weight and keep it off in the future. For committed patients, electing to receive bariatric surgery in Hurstville at Advanced Surgicare can be a life-altering decision.
Schedule a Consultation for Bariatric Surgery in Hurstville
To schedule a consultation with Dr. V. Kuzinkovas for weight loss surgery in Hurstville, contact Advanced Surgicare by calling 1300 551 533 or by requesting an online appointment.
For directions to our office in South Eastern Sydney, click "View Larger Map" below:
Places to Explore in the Hurstville Area
Keeping the weight off after your bariatric procedure will require refined personal health habits. Take a look at some great places in and around the Hurstville area where you can get out and exercise:
Oatley Park: This beautiful park sits just outside of Hurstville on the banks of the Georges River. Locals and tourists alike are attracted to Oatley for the striking views of the water and the hiking/biking trails that wrap through the impressive scenery.
Quarry Reserve: If hiking and biking isn’t your thing, head down to Quarry Reserve. The quaint park located in South Hurstville is a great spot to play soccer or tennis while enjoying the beautiful nature in the area.