Ongoing Care Before, During and After Surgery
Bariatric surgery is the first step in your weight loss journey. Reaching your weight goals and managing your weight in the long term requires a continuous commitment to an improved lifestyle.
Losing Weight After Surgery
Surgery is one tool to help you lose weight, you also need to follow a healthy diet and become physically active.
We consider your bariatric surgery as a tool that makes these changes easier.
Learning how to eat healthier and incorporating regular exercise into your everyday life can be challenging, but the end results make the struggle worth it.
Patients who have undergone successful bariatric surgery not only look fitter they have more energy, can engage in more activities, and are often able to resolve their co-morbid conditions.
Weight Loss Care Program
Losing weight can be physically and mentally draining and every patient’s journey will be different. Dr Kuzinkovas offers a program designed to help you meet your weight loss goals.
The program covers the preoperative to postoperative needs of patients incorporating ongoing support along with a range of tools and resources.
Patients are provided with:
- Preoperative patient screening.
- Information about how to achieve their weight loss goals.
- Details about the procedure.
- What to expect after the surgery.
- Open communication between the patient, Dr Kuzinkovas surgeon and the bariatric support team.
- A follow-up schedule to help monitor postoperative progress.
- Dietary advice before and after surgery.
- A recommended program for exercise.
- Psychological counseling, if needed.